Ano após ano, não perco uma visita à Feira do Livro.
Para a visitar já fui noutros anos até à Rotunda da Boavista - nome mais comum que os locais dão à Praça Mouzinho de Albuquerque... - ao Palácio de Cristal - nome antigo e do qual não me consigo desabituar do actual Pavilhão Rosa Mota... - e à Avenida dos Aliados, caso deste e dos últimos anos.
Embora a Feira comece no final de Maio e se prolongue até cerca de meio de Junho - este ano termina precisamente no dia dos meus anos - é tradição que chova. Talvez por isso as pessoas se sintam divididas entre o prazer de aproveitar este evento ao ar livre e a escolha do conforto de um espaço coberto e fechado, como aconteceu em anos anteriores. Ainda assim... gosto de usar este evento como um pretexto para passear pela Baixa e a ver cheia - de gente e de livros! E nunca resisto a trazer comigo mais um livro (ou vários) para casa... e vocês, já visitaram a Feira do Livro este ano?
Year after year, I don't miss a visit to the annual Book Fair.
Over the years I've been visiting it up at Rotunda da Boavista - most common name that the locals give to Praça Mouzinho de Albuquerque... - at Palácio de Cristal - old name that I still use of the now called Pavilhão Rosa Mota... - and at Avenida dos Aliados, as it is the case of this year and the previous ones.
Although the Fair begins in late May and lasts until about mid-June - this year ends on the very day of my birthday - it is tradition to rain. Maybe that's why people feel torn between the pleasure to enjoy this event outdoors and the comfort of an indoor space, as in previous years. Still... I like to use this event as an excuse to stroll through downtown and see it crowded - with people and books! And I never resist to bring another book (or more) home with me... how about you, do you use to visit any Book Fair in the place where you live?
Over the years I've been visiting it up at Rotunda da Boavista - most common name that the locals give to Praça Mouzinho de Albuquerque... - at Palácio de Cristal - old name that I still use of the now called Pavilhão Rosa Mota... - and at Avenida dos Aliados, as it is the case of this year and the previous ones.
Although the Fair begins in late May and lasts until about mid-June - this year ends on the very day of my birthday - it is tradition to rain. Maybe that's why people feel torn between the pleasure to enjoy this event outdoors and the comfort of an indoor space, as in previous years. Still... I like to use this event as an excuse to stroll through downtown and see it crowded - with people and books! And I never resist to bring another book (or more) home with me... how about you, do you use to visit any Book Fair in the place where you live?


















the annual book fair have started last week here in Thessaloniki! every year i visit it & every year i will buy a book :) i already bought a book about herbs :) i enjoy looking at pretty covers! i would buy a book just for it's cover...
ReplyDelete